Wednesday, June 2, 2010

MOM'S ALZHEIMER'S TODAY

First of all I'm adding 6 previous blogs because I changed the name of my blogspot.

Mom is 84 - going on 4, no 15, no sometimes I just can't figure it out. The Alzheimer's comes in waves, totally unexpected. Not al all what I imagined. Most days she has no idea who I am at dinner time. She'll look at me preparing dinner and ask, "Where's Lynn? I never see her." (She only lives with my husband and myself 24/7.)
I'll tell her who I am and she will respond with squinty eyes, "Something's funny around here. You're not my daughter..."
Then we go through about 5 minutes of , "Yes, I'm your daughter. You're my mother."
She answers,"You're the mother and I'm the daughter."
"No, no, I'm the daughter.'
"I'm the daughter.."
"No, You're the mother, I'm daughter."
"I'm; the daughter, You're the mother."

OH MY GOD! IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING?

No comments:

Post a Comment